Fatigue Ninja Friday #11
Simulating Tires and Ageing with Endurica DT
Presenters for this Fatigue Ninja Friday are Dr. Will Mars, Founder and President of Endurica, and Ethan Steiner, our co-op student from the University of Toledo.
This Fatigue Ninja Friday discusses the workflow to
1) set up the ageing material model
2) specify an oven pre-ageing step
3) accrue damage from both steady state and transient FE simulations using periodic results transfer operations
4) accumulate long-term effects of thermal history
5) visualize intermediate and final results.
The session finishes with a parameter study showing how damage accrued during a sidewall impact event depends on tire age.